Good soil allows a healthy root structure below ground and a healthy branch structure above ground, resulting in quantities of fruit many times more than the other soils. In the same way, the established couple develops a healthy endurance while maintaining a healthy passion resulting in a thriving and intimate marriage.
The journey to an established relationship begins with keeping the passion while learning how to endure. A couple needs wisdom to balance these two nutrients in the Good Soil. Marriages aren’t born with this wisdom, but it comes as the couple experiences their lives together.
- Resolution of conflict resulting in a win-win;
- Acceptance and tolerance for their partner’s shortcomings;
- Balance enjoying the relationship (excitement) and working on the relationship (stability);
- Realistic expectations;
- Their emotional needs being met often by their partner;
- Their emotional needs being appropriately met by others;
- A reflection of God’s love to their children and others they know; and
- A sense of a legacy.